The Nigeria Army in her quest to cleanse the South-East as discovered a notorious militant camp and shrine in Omoku Rivers State. All thanks to the ever gallant and brave men of Division 6, Nigeria Army.
Below is the press release;
1. In the early hours of Monday, 20th November, 2017, as part of their continued efforts to rid the Niger Delta of criminals and acts of criminality, troops of 6 Division Nigerian Army, based on a tip-off by some patriotic citizens, raided the camp and shrines of a notorious militant, cultist, kidnapper and ardent illegal oil bunkerer, Mr. Igwedibia Johnson, (aka “Don Waney”), who has been terrorising the peace-loving Omoku community in particular, as well as the entire people of Omoku Rivers State and Bayelsa State.
2. After about an hour of gun fight, the gallant troops overpowered the criminal elements. Some of them scampered in disarray and are believed to have escaped with gunshot wounds through River Orashe in Omoku. The troops however, arrested , 7 others including 2 ladies while they were trying to escape during the encounter. It is believed that the main kingpin, DIgwedibia Johnson, (aka “Don Waney”), was not at the location during the encounter as concerted efforts are on by security agencies to track, arrest and bring him to justice.
3. The troops recovered quite a number of items at both the camp and the shrines which include; 10 human skulls, various human bones, 2 AK-47 Rifles, 1 General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG), 18 AK-47 Rifle Magazines, 4 pairs of military camouflage, 5 camouflage T-Shirts, 3 Fabrique Nationale (FN) Rifle Rifle magazines, 39 rounds of 7.62mm (NATO) ammunition, 20 rounds of 9mm ammunition and 1 round of 7.62mm (Special) ammunition. Others are
2 bags weighing about 25kg containing substances believed to Cannabis (Marijuana), 3 ICOM Hand-held Radios and 2 MAG ONE Hand-held Radios.
3. The Headquarters 6 Division Nigerian Army wishes to thank the good people of Omoku Rivers State, for the timely information, understanding and also wish to solicit for their continued support in our determined effort to rid our area of responsibility of militants, illegal oil bunkerers and kidnappers.
4. You are kindly requested to disseminate this information to the general public.
5. Thank you for your usual cooperation.
Deputy Director Army Public Relations
See what they found at the militant hideout and shrine;